Our friends at Nichi Bei Foundation are searching for a new Business Operations Manager, if you or someone you know is looking for work and wants to get involved with an organization that is deeply devoted to community, please forward this information along.
Business Operations Mgr. at Nonprofit Asian American Media Org. (SF’s Japantown)
The Nichi Bei Foundation, an educational and charitable nonprofit organization, is seeking an intelligent, motivated, and creative individual to serve as the Business Operations Manager for a groundbreaking start-up with an unmatched historical legacy in the Japanese American community.
About the Organization
With the impending closure of the historic Nichi Bei Times in September of 2009 — the oldest Japanese American community newspaper in Northern California — some Nichi Bei Times staff and contributing writers, media professionals and community leaders formed the Nichi Bei Foundation to create the first nonprofit ethnic newspaper of its kind in the country, the Nichi Bei Weekly.
This pioneering new media organization — which is in the process of creating and launching an innovative Website — will also continue to hold educational forums as well as community events designed to help fulfill its mission of keeping the Japanese American and Asian American community connected, informed and empowered.
Applicant will plan, organize, and manage daily office operations including, but not limited to, the coordination of customer service/sales support, purchasing office supplies and finance.
Applicant will also assist in the budgetary and funding initiatives, strategic business planning, fundraising and grants development of the organization, including the Website project expected to launch in August of 2010.
Applicant should provide positive solutions for customer needs, ensure client and vendor file integrity, and maintain general oversight and ensure accuracy of internal accounting records including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Applicant will also assist in the development of tools to increase the company efficiency and risk management; and will be expected to take on various ad hoc projects
This position reports directly to the President.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in business-related major preferred
- High proficiency in accounting and database software such as Intuit Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Ability to investigate, analyze and solve problems, and clearly communicate results
- Skills in business and financial management ideal
- Excellent proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well under deadlines
- Proficiency in software such as the Adobe Creative Suite is highly desired
- Past experience working with CRM applications ideal
- Japanese language skills (speaking, reading and writing) preferred
Send cover letter and resume to:
Kenji G. Taguma, Nichi Bei Foundation president, at email@example.com
No calls, please.
Hiring Organization: Nichi Bei Foundation