Welcome to the official website Nakayoshi Young Professionals. Nakayoshi is a group for young adults and recent college graduates in the San Francisco Bay Area looking for opportunities to network, volunteer and get involved in the Japanese American and Asian Pacific American community, and to have fun at the same time! You don’t need to be Japanese to join – everyone is welcome!
We have at least one social event and one volunteer opportunity a month for you to come out, meet some great folks, and connect and get involved with the community! Becoming a member of Nakayoshi is free and easy, just RSVP and show up for out events when you can make it!
Nakayoshi is an official program of the Northern California-Western Nevada-Pacific District of the Japanese American Citizens League. Check out the rest of our site to learn more about us, what we’re up to, and how to get involved!
Spring has sprung, and we’re in the midst of another busy season of community festivals, volunteering and fun socials! We’ve also been having a ton of fun with our monthly Nakayoshi MiniMeetup Groups, meeting and getting to know our members! We’re also getting ready to say hello again at our 6th Annual Welcome BBQ for new members, so we hope you can join us for our events. Check out all that we have coming up below!
4/27/14: Throwdown in Jtown Community Dodgeball Tournament
4/28/14: April Monthly Meeting
5/3/14: Volunteering at Kodomo no Hi (Children’s Day) Festival – Spam Musubi Booth
5/15/14: SF Giants Japanese Heritage Night Game
5/25/14: May Monthly Meeting
6/7/14: Volunteering at Northern California Soy & Tofu Festival
6/22/14: 6th Annual Welcome BBQ
Ongoing: Monthly Nakayoshi MiniMeetup Groups (more info below)
From 2013 Welcome BBQ Event
Save the date for Nakayoshi Young Professional’s 6th annual Welcome BBQ!
Date: Sunday, June 22nd 2014
Time: 11:0am to 4:00pm
Location: Hellman Holloway in San Francisco Golden Gate Park
Nakayoshi’s Welcome BBQ is our biggest social event, providing participants the opportunity to meet with Nakayoshi members and learn what Nakayoshi is all about. We invite all young professionals, recent college grads, and in general any young adults in the San Francisco Bay Area looking to get involved or reconnected with the Japanese American and Asian Pacific American community. We’re always making sure we bring you the latest community events and opportunities to network, socialize or give back. Focused on catering to the lifestyle of a young professional, Nakayoshi allows you to choose your own level of involvement and gives you the opportunity to voice what types of events or issues you’re interested in.
Here are some highlights of why you should join us at our Welcome BBQ event:
* It’s a FREE event! Feel free to bring your friends, co-workers, and anyone else who would be interested!
* Meet Nakayoshi members, learn more about Nakayoshi, and make new friends from the community
* Show off your cooking skills by bringing your delicious snacks/food! Please let us know what you’ll be bringing for our potluck by filling out the following Google doc: http://goo.gl/RwjPfP
* The event will take place in Golden Gate Park, at Hellman Hollow area. Hellman Hollow stretches out along the south side of John F. Kennedy Drive – just west of Transverse Drive (off of 25th Avenue). Free parking for Speedway Meadow is found along JFK Drive. However, cars are not permitted on the street east of Crossover Drive on Sundays.
What is Nakayoshi MiniMeetups?
Nakayoshi MiniMeetups is our new monthly program for people looking to meet and get to know other members of Nakayoshi better in a casual and fun setting that is flexible for everyone’s schedules. MiniMeetups places you in a different small group of 4 Nakayoshi members every month. It’s up to your group to decide when and where to meet, and what fun activity you guys will be doing!
How Does It Work?
1. Fill out our one-time online signup form with your contact information and preferred meeting location.
2. Every month, we’ll put you into a group of 4 Nakayoshi members to form your monthly Nakayoshi Mini-Meetup group and send you an e-mail with your other group members’ contact information.
3. At that point, it’s up to your Nakayoshi Mini-Meetup group to contact each other to decide when and where to meet, and what fun activity you guys will be doing! It can be as simple as grabbing a bite and hanging out, cooking a group dinner, going to a movie, or whatever else your group decides to do. It’s completely up to you guys!
4. We’ll continue assigning new groups of 4 every month as new Nakayoshi Mini-Meetup group members sign up to participate.
Signups are starting this month! We will be starting our first round of MiniMeetups in February!
Have questions? E-mail us at nakayoshi[dot]ncwnp[at]gmail[dot]com