Nakayoshi is teaming up with the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital this holiday season to support their annual holiday toy drive for their young hospital patients and families. Please consider giving a gift or donation to the hospital’s Child Life Department that will help in lifting the spirits of all the young patients at the hospital.
If you would like to participate, we will be collecting items for the toy drive this week on Wednesday, December 15 at the Hyphen Year-End Community Mixer or else at our Ice Skating Social on Friday, December 17. Please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate. Gifts will be delivered to the hospital on Monday, December 20. If you are unable to attend either event to drop off your donation, please e-mail us to make other arrangements or else mail your donated item to:Tweedie Gaines
Child Life Department
505 Parnassus Avenue
L-181, Box 0210
San Francisco, CA 94143
Child Life Department 2010 Holiday Wish List
Toy Donation Guidelines
These guidelines and suggestions ensure the appropriateness and safety issues regarding toy donations. Please consider these issues when choosing items for donation.
* Because of infection control issues, toys have to be new.
* Please do not wrap gifts, as we will have to unwrap them ourselves to determine appropriateness for children.
* No stuffed animals, latex balloons, weapons, or violent games of any kind.
* Any glue, paint, markers or crayons must be non-toxic.
* Crib mirrors * Bubbles * Teething rings * Baby dolls-entirely plastic * Nesting cups * Plastic squeeze toys * Plastic rattles * Coloring books * Small packs of crayons * Play Doh and Play Doh tools * Small Trains (Thomas the Train) * Board books * Mobiles with music, but no cloth parts * Board books * Uno cards * Batteries (AA, C) * Interactive noise & light up toys * Puzzles * Portable DVD Players * Action Figures (Spiderman, Batman, etc.) * CD Players * My Little Ponies *
* Target gift cards between $10-$15 * Watches * I-tunes gift cards between $10-15 * Wallets * Best Buy gift cards between $10-15 * Purses * SF Giants gear-hats, shirts * Scarves * 500-1000 piece puzzles * Neck pillows * Board games (Mancala, Monopoly, Life, Battleship) * Footballs, basketballs, soccer balls * Headphones * Water bottles * New release movies (Iron Man, New Moon, Stomp the Yard) * Hair straightener * Curling iron* CD players * Cologne * Scented deodorant sticks (Curve, Hugo Boss) * Graphic designed T-shirts * Hoodies to wear over hospital gown * Pre-made Art Kits (Michael’s is great for this) *
Thank you for your interest in supporting the children, teens, and families at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. If you have any further questions please contact Tweedie Gaines at Tweedie.Gaines@ucsfmedctr.org.
For more information on UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, go to: http://www.ucsfbenioffchildrens.org/